Hello there! Happy Friday night! I have lots of little odds and ends to share with you today.
1. I have been LOVING on the short and sweet workouts lately. A few of my favorites:
- Levels 1 and 3 of the 30 Day Shred. Takes about 45 minutes; pretty high intensity and a nice combo of strength and cardio.
- 20 minutes of Yoga Core (from yogadownload.com) + one level of The Shred.
- 10-15 minutes of abs + 3 miles on the treadmill, with 4 minutes of Tabata Intervals.
Your favorite short (but still intense) workouts?
2. I have changed my mind about homemade salad dressings and balsamic vinegar. I used to think it was just easier to buy salad dressings, especially since I don’t make salad that often (confession: I’m lazy and hate washing and chopping that many vegetables). But I’m starting to feel like salads are really cleansing, even in winter. My favorite: spinach, carrots (thinly sliced), avocado, and grapefruit. Dressing: 1 tbsp EVOO, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1/2 tsp mustard, sea salt, pepper to taste. So simple. So many nutrients and colors!
3. If you’re wondering why I haven’t been posting pictures, it’s because I left my camera transfer cord thingy in New York (I’ve been in Canada and Michigan). Not that anyone cares that deeply about my blog. I just felt a need to share.
4. I got my December LSAT score back. It was a significant improvement over October, and I am now in a position where I have a good shot at getting into some top 25 law schools and a very distant chance at some top 10 schools. I’m quite thrilled; exuberant actually. I’m filling out my applications with surprising zeal. I’m so excited about this next stage of my life. It sounds cliche, I suppose. But it’s true. I have wanted to go to law school since middle school, and now I feel like my dreams are finally going to come true. Well, I have to get in first, of course. 😉
5. It pays to be nice to people. About twice a year, when I am in Michigan, I get a massage here
. It’s not super fancy, but is really high quality. I often have the same masseuse, Carl. I’m always really friendly and chatty with him. I was talking about law school, and he said that once I get in, he is going to give me a free 60 minute massage. How nice is that?!?!
6. I know what I want to do this summer. I want to take a trip from Paris all the way to the other side of Eurasia, partially on the Trans-Siberian railway. I would love to plan it in stages so that I get to see a lot of different places. Ideally, it would last about a month. The views from the train are supposed to be spectacular! It technically starts in London, if you want to go about it in the historic way, but I like Paris infinitely more. So there.
That’s all for tonight I suppose! Any other college seniors out there? What are your post-graduation plans?