Why hello there friends! Happy 2011! It’s been a while, hasn’t it? 🙂
I hope you are all well! I certainly am. That’s not to say that I haven’t had my fair share of angst and emotions, but overall, I am happy and healthy. Before I talk about the direction I think I want to go in with the blog, I’ll share a few life updates:
- I finished my second to last semester of school! It was rough at then end — I am kind of tired of Middle Eastern history — but I survived.
- I took the LSAT again at the beginning of December. It definitely went much better than the October one, but I still don’t know my score. I am working on law school applications at the moment and will hopefully finish around the end of the month.
- USB and I broke up just a few weeks ago. It was sad — I still love him — but it was quite possibly the sweetest, most amicable break-up ever. He is a wonderful guy and we remain friends. I am so blessed to have had him in my life (and to still have him in my life).
- I’ve been running about twice a week. I have scaled my workouts wayyyyyyy back, and it is so nice not to feel like I have to spend two hours a day running or working out. Sometimes I do the 30 Day Shred or 30 minutes of yoga or even go to a yoga studio. I am still lifting weights once or twice a week and walking a bit. I actually am really enjoying my low-key exercise routine at the moment!
- Therapy has gone well. I have realized that the reason L and I click so well is because I appreciate the balance we have found between each of us talking and listening; her sharing personal details and letting me share. I have figured out a lot about myself lately, I think. USB also played a role in that, of course. L has gone out of her way to help me feel safe and adjusted.
- I’m with my extended family in Canada right now and my family is stressful, to say the least. There are 27 of us and we are all completely crazy. There is not a sane bone among us. Nonetheless, I love my family so much. We range in age from 5 months to 96! I’ll go back to Michigan in a few days, and classes start the 18th in New York.