Today’s Happy Note: USB. Makes me oh so very happy. It stuns me every day. This morning, he was getting into a cab to go to the airport and I walked the other way, towards the train station. As the cab pulled away, he called me and said “you have a beautiful smile; you were beautiful walking away.”
Um, is he purposely trying to make me melt???
Okay, so this is going to be a monster post! Lots of running and workouts and meals and snacks and thoughts!
First, where have I been? I know that you all probably don’t care about the mundane details of my life, but I like to make lists. So I am making this list. Of the ten billion things going on in my life right now. It clears my head (FYI: these are not necessarily in order of importance):
1. School. School school school. I have six classes (okay, so one is yoga) and I’m a history major. Which means I spend my evenings reading hundreds and hundreds of pages about early Sumerian writing systems and the intricacies of Iran’s 19th Century civil service system. I have to keep everything on track and get a lot of forms and such in so that I can graduate on time this May (wow, I can’t believe that it’s only eight months away).
2. LSAT/Law School Applications. Quite frankly, I have been neglecting my LSAT studies. Hello more logic games and less fun. I think that part of the problem here is the anxiety surrounding my future. I am quite confident that the LSAT/law school application thing is the right thing for me to do at this moment in my life, though. And the anxiety dissipates more and more as I become surer and surer that this is what I want to do. And if I don’t get in, so be it. The world will not end.
3. Health. I had. A. Pulmonary. Embolism. Two. Months. Ago. My Warfarin management is going decently, but my INR levels have been inconsistent, at best. I have, currently, seven doctors, you read that right, seven, plus doctor mom and doctor dad. A PCP, a warfarin-management doctor, a gynecologist, an endocrinologist, a pulmonologist, a hematologist, and, the most important, a psychologist (L). I will most likely have to undergo some genetic testing soon to see what caused my emboli and if I have a serious long-term clotting disorder. I also have to sort out my endocrine/hormonal problems. So there is quite a lot going on here. Not to mention taking care of my depression and anxiety, which is muy importante right now.
4. Marathon Training. Need I say more? Last week I hit 45 miles, next week and the weeks after I will be at 50-55. Not to mention the amount of non-running time I spend stretching, eating, sleeping, thinking about running, eating, more eating. Lots of mental and physical energy is expended here.
5. Social Life. My friends are super important to my sanity. I love them. They love me. They keep me happy and healthy and glowing in a way that no amount of exercise ever will. Spending time with them, whether it’s studying or eating cupcakes together, is something I have learned cannot be sacrificed. Not to mention USB. And love. And sharing things. And understanding another person like that.
6. Blog/Writing. Not to much to say here besides that these things are super important to me and I won’t be giving them up entirely either. I need them.
7. Family. Duh. Most important people in the world.
8. Work. I love my job and wish I could work a bit more, but I’m having to squeeze in 8-10 hours in a week where I can. No working=no money, therefore it is absolutely necessary.
Reading this back over, I feel like I am sounding a bit wimpy. I should be able to handle this. I can handle this. Time management. And self-love. those are the crucial things right now.
I can make it through these next few months, I know I can.
I have changed my mind about the direction of this post. Don’t really want to talk about running at all. I took an extra day off this week (today) which I am feeling guilty about. But I know I needed it. I ran this week. Lifted weights and did some yoga. The end.
Mostly, I just want to stop talking and show you pictures of yummy things:
Annnnnnnnnd my pictures aren’t uploading. I think that signals the end of this post.
Goodnight my friends!
Thank you for always being there; I truly feel so supported by you guys!