Today’s Mini Goal: Do some “just for me” writing. This means that it’s going to be in my journal, it’s not for class or for the blog, and it doesn’t have to be “pretty.” Sometimes it’s very therapeutic to just ramble-write.
I just realized how downright cranky I was this past week. Sorry guys! I blame evil hormones. But any-hoo, I’m feeling happy, healthy, and refreshed today, and it’s the start of a new week. What made my day so healthy and happy?
Well I shall tell you of course!
1. Leisurely morning! Woke up naturally around nine, read in bed for a while, then met a friend for a delicious brunch, including (but definitely not limited to) sunny-side up eggs and a super sweet latte!
I love nice mugs.
2. Study time! Not necessarily fun, but it wasn’t too bad and it was nice to spend a few quality hours with the library and just get things done.
3. Baking! Well, mixing things together at least. As a busy college-student, I love energy bars. But I don’t always love their long, sleazy ingredient lists. Enter Averie’s No-bake pb/coconut/chocolate chip energy bars (I used ab though)!
So fun to mix up with your hands! By the way, the reason you see Averie’s stuff so frequently on my blog is because:
1. Her stuff is tasty — lots of yummy ingredients all combined together will never fail me!
2. Her stuff is easy — I have no kitchen appliances and and a kitchen the size of my thumb, but I can still make or adapt many of her recipes. As an added bonus, they’re vegan, if that’s what you’re looking for!
This is how they looked when finished:
With a DCD blob. So nummy (by the way, that’s a word I made up recently — it’s a combination of “noms” and “yummy”, and I like it. A lot.)
4. Fantabulous run! While my homemade bars chilled in the fridge I set out for a perfect run. The weather was very spring-like today with temps in the 40s, a nice breeze, and mostly melted snow. It felt like April. I love love love running in the spring. It always lifts my spirits, and today’s fake-spring run just made me happy all around. Despite my legs being a bit sore/tight/heavy from yesterday’s 15 miler, I still felt fast and free. So splendid.
With the completion of ten miles today I officially hit 40 for the week. And it wasn’t actually a week, since all those miles were run in the last four days (due to my crankiness/laziness at the beginning of the week). Here’s the breakdown:
Thursday — 10 miles
Friday — 5 miles
Saturday — 15 miles
Sunday — 10 miles
This is the highest I’ve been since my December injury. I’ll probably peak around 50-ish. I’m feeling good at this point in my training cycle!
5. Getting Things Done: It’s such a stress-reliever to get things done on Sundays. Here’s what I’ve gotten through so far:
~picked up teaching materials for a program I volunteer with Monday nights.
~checked bank balances
~bought chocolate chips (hey, this is an important weekly task)
~did laundry (in the dryer now!)
~chatted with my best friend J
~called my grandparents and talked with them and two of my aunts
~weekly veggie prep. I love washing and chopping tons of veggies in Sundays. That way I can throw them into salads, sandwiches, or stir-fries or eat them with hummus or pb throughout the week.
Leaning tower of veggies = yum.
6. Made an easy, nutritious dinner of half a leftover tuna sammie with a giant pile of stir-fried veggies topped with hummus and white cheddar:
In the stir fry: olive oil, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, rainbow chard, salt, lemon pepper, red pepper. I love how artsy rainbow chard makes a meal. So fun! Oh, and I conversed with a cute boy on my floor while making said dinner 🙂
Next on the agenda: acquire some hot chocolate, fold laundry, and another hour or two of reading (hello Burke!).
I’m really glad I have been able to move on from the downs of the last week or two. This makes me feel mentally strong and accomplished. I am capable, beautiful and powerful and I have the ability to move forward no matter what. Take that, depression!
I hope you had a wonderful, refreshing weekend. What were you up to? What grand adventures will you be embarking on this week?